Classifieds Features and Use
Version 1.2 RC2
This version is NOT Cloneable.
This version NEEDS Frameworks.Get Frameworks Here
1. Fixed search result showing html code.
2. fixed captcha not working on the addlisting page.
3. added captcha to the preferences, use it or not.
4. changed some functions names so they are unique(prevents fatal error when wf-downloads is installed).
5. changed search.inc.php so include_once for functions.php is always found.
6. changed some template files.
7. now sends e-mail to admin when there is a listing waiting to be moderated.
8. Changed the way moderation works. It is no lomger an option in the preferences, it is in the category creation process. So now you moderate by category.
9. added 2 more category fields in the category creation.
1. Moderate this category.
2. Moderate subcats for this category.Features.User Side
1. Xoops Notifications
Users can select to be notified if a listing is added in any category(whole module) or get notifications in just certain categories(category).
2. A Sorting System.
Users can sort the listings by date DESC, date ASC, price DESC, price ASC, title DESC, title ASC, hits DESC, hits ASC.
3. A Rating System.
Users can rate the user who is selling the product and also rate the product.
4. The Pictures are different too.
I have taken the guts from the Yogurt module and added them to this module. Now you can choose how many pictures users can upload and you can have different amounts for Premium and Non-Premium users.
The only thing, you can't add the pictures at the same time as the ad. I will probably change that in a future release.
5. Has a page for users to see all ads by 'this user'.
Users can see all the Ads by another user, and the owner of the ads can administer their Ads from that page.
6. Users can choose how to be contacted.
Users can select to be contacted by email, PM, telephone or any combination of those.
7. Users can print out the Ad.
8. Users can send an Ad to a friend.
9. Users can see replies to their ads on the members.php page.Admin Side
1. Has Xoops Group Permissions, per category - per group.
There are only 6 steps to do manually and the module will be cloned, with no errors.
3. Many config items added change them in the modules preferences.InstallationHow to install
You will need to make the following folders writable (chmod 777) :
How to install
1. Unzip the file Classifieds_1.2_RC2zip.
2. Upload the folder classifieds to your Xoops modules folder.
3. If you want to rename the module do it now, you can't change it after you install the module.
4. Go to Xoops Module Administration and install like normal.
5. Go to Ads Module administration and click on category maintenance, create your categories.
6. Go to Ads Module administration and click on Permissions and set up the following for each category.
A. View Ads Permissions - Select which groups can view Ads.
B. Ads Submit Permissions - Select which groups can submit Ads.
C. Ads Premium - Select which groups can set how long an ad will stay on the site until it is deleted. If they don't have permission it will default to whatever you set in the Ads Module preferences (default is 14 days).
7. Go to Ads Module administration and click on Preferences and set to your liking.
8. That should be it.
FROM ALL VERSIONS
1. Back up your database.
2. Overwrite the classifieds module with the new files.
3. Point your browser to yoursite/modules/classifieds/admin/upgrade.php, you must be admin to run this script.
4. Update module.
5. Delete the files below if they exist.
That should be it.
If you need any help just ask me.
Report any problems in the forum.